Monday, June 18, 2007

ron cozzen

As most of you know, a little over three years ago my mom got a liver transplant. It was such an experience! After the surgery the Doctors said her liver would have only lasted a few more weeks. We all feel so blessed that she was able to get a new liver and be living such a healthy life!!

This week I went up to Ron Cozzen's funeral. Ron is the husband to Jaime Cozzen and step-father of Marty Rubisun, my mom's donor. I had never met Jaime or her family, but felt an immediate connection. (If it weren't for Jaime, Marty's organs would not have been donated.)Jaime introduced to me everyone as "Julie, LouDawns daughter" and they all knew exactly who LouDawn was. You could tell this family really loved my mom! I'm so glad my mom called and had me go to the funeral. It was an experience I won't forget.

No comments: