Saturday, February 28, 2009

another saturday...

What a lazy Saturday I'm having! John left early this morning for the ski slopes and Eleanor and I have been laying in bed watching movies! Poor girl woke up all stuffed up this morning so I had her take a bath with eucalyptus salts then rubbed her down with Vicks. We started the morning by watching a pretty dumb cartoon. Eleanor feel asleep pretty fast so I decided to watch Mermaids. I love this movie. It brings back great childhood memories watching it with Amy and Sara. After Mermaids Eleanor and I made a quick trip down to what Eleanor would call, "the market smiths". We picked up a few things for lunch and then came home and ate lunch in bed while watching The Nightmare Before Christmas (one of Eleanor's favorites!). I must admit I love having days like this. I love that Eleanor always wants me to "hold you". She loves to lay down next to me and cuddle. She also has this annoying habit of rubbing my chin or neck. She's done this since she was a tinny little thing and I just keep waiting for her to out grow it!

Right now as I type this Eleanor is running around the house playing the harmonica that I pulled out last night. Don't ask me what I was thinking!! She has taken quite a liking to that little instrument and will NOT stop playing it!
Although it's very annoying, she's a pretty cute little player!!

5 comments:

No Chicks Allowed said...

i love my lazy days! it's sad when your little one doesn't feel well, but kinda nice to just relax and not worry about too much. i totally agree with the harmonica noise... why do i even buy things that make noise?! actually they find a way to make noise out of everything so i guess it really doesn't matter.

Sara Baldwin said...

Funny... We always seem to do this kind of thing, but I also watched Mermaids over the weekend!

For the record, I'm envious of your day.

Amy D. Hall Riter said...

I'm also envious of your day. We need a girls day when you, Sara, Eleanor and I all lay in bed and watch Baby Cakes or some good old movie we used to always watch! I love Eleanor! Let's get together soon!

Amy D. Hall Riter said...

I'm also envious of your day. We need a girls day when you, Sara, Eleanor and I all lay in bed and watch Baby Cakes or some good old movie we used to always watch! I love Eleanor! Let's get together soon!

Amanda said...

I need to have a day like that with Ty...it is good bonding. And they say that if you watch t.v. with your kids and explain what is going on then it is educational...cool!