Monday, September 20, 2010

Poor Baby

Poor Amelia has another ear infection. She was miserable all weekend and to top it off I weaned her just the two days before she got sick. If only I had know she was getting sick I would have waited. I was really torn with the decision on weaning her. Amelia hasn't been sleeping through the night and I know it's because she relies on me for her "comfort" when she wakes up during the night. So, not only did I wean her, but I also started making her cry it out and sleep all night in her crib. The poor girl cried for a good hour (of course I patted her back every 10 minutes) and finally fell asleep. The second night was a 100x better and even though she's been sick, she's been sleeping in her bed. I put a little stuffed monkey in her crib and she cuddles up with it. It's the cutest thing! I'll be glad when she gets over this ear infection and she starts feeling better. This little girl takes after her dad and loves to be babied for while sick. She refuses to hold her own sippy cup and wants to be cuddled all day. Honestly, I love it. She is so fun to cuddle with and love on. I just really hope she gets over this infection fast and doesn't have another one anytime soon. The Dr. said if she gets another one within the next few months she's affraid she may need tubes. Poor girl!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Ear infections are for the birds! Oh how I hate them...I hope she doesn't get another one either. We still have to deal with them with Jonathan! I can't wait to see you guys soon!