Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Lehi Round Up Celebration:

Each year I look forward to our town's celebration. All the parades, activities, breakfast and rode reminds me of the 24th of July celebration I enjoyed each year while growing up in St. Johns. This year John took work off on Thursday so he was able to attend the stock parade with us. Eleanor loves this parade. Every little pony she saw she wanted. I must admit seeing the cute little ponies pulling the mini wagons made me want one as well. Amelia decided to take a nap during 90% of the parade. I was disappointed she missed most of it because I knew she would love it. For the small portion she did see, she loved it. She was totally mesmerized by all the horses. I'm sad I didn't get any photos at the parade.

After the parade we met up with the Johnsons, Rosevears and the Wildes for the rodeo. It was a perfect night for a rodeo and I'm so happy we had Ashley watch Amelia. I can only imagine what a pain in the neck she would have been!




On Saturday we left the house early to go enjoy a chuck wagon breakfast at the park. After breakfast we walked around to some of the booths and Eleanor got to spend some of her allowance (she gets a whooping $4.00 each week) and she choose two dresses for her barbie dolls. Of course she had to pick out the most outrageous and glamours dresses.


We met up with the Shirleys for the parade. They were nice enough and set out chairs the night before so we had great seats. Both girls were pretty determined to get as much candy as they could. I think Amelia ate about 30 pieces of candy. She even got pretty good at stilling other kids candy.

(Eleanor and her attitude. I swear she thinks she's a little mini adult!)





Eleanor has been a little bit obsessed with the tuba lately and so she loved seeing all the marching bands. She's determined she's going to be in the marching band when she gets older. I'd love to see that!!






Dang Amelia has got a bad addiction to diet pepsi. It's getting a little out of hand.

No comments: