Thursday, August 4, 2011

Moving On Down!







With our little boy on his way, we had to make room for him by moving the girls down in the basement. At first Eleanor wasn't too keen on the idea but then John told her she could have a tv in her room and she was sold! (I wasn't too thrilled about the idea of them having a tv in their room.)

We already had the bedroom furniture from when we first got married but it was all painted black. I knew Eleanor would not move into a room with black furniture so last weekend we sanded and painted the furniture. It was a lot of work, but I think it turned out pretty cute. After John moved the tv down I had Eleanor come down and see it (thinking she would be thrilled). She looked at it for a second and then said, "I think it would look better with one of those skinnier tvs". Yeah, I agree Eleanor but it would take an awfully lot years to earn that much allowance.

We had Amelia sleep in the room the first night and she did fine. She did get up once but John and I slept down in the basement so it wasn't that big of a deal. I've decided since I'll be keeping the little man in our room for the first couple of months, I'm not going to keep Amelia in the crib upstairs.

Eleanor has been so responsible with her room. She cleans in every morning and is so proud of of it. She loved setting up all her treasures on her special self and she loves her closet. She and I are in disagreement about which side of the bedspread we like best. She prefers the yellow while I like the white. If she makes the bed she gets to have the yellow.

2 comments:

Michelle and Javier said...

I love her room! Can you come make mine look like that? I love all the colors! Great job!

elyse said...

I LOVE it! good job lady!