Tuesday, August 7, 2007

1812 overture at deer valley







Every year John and I love going to the Utah Symphony concerts at Deer Valley. This year we invited Ryan and Lori Hacking, two great friends of ours. This was our first time going to the 1812 overture. This concert was by far the best!! The music was so powerful and made even more powerful with the live cannons. During the first half hour the rain starting coming down. We were all a little worried that they were going to cancel, but after about 20 mins or so it let up and turned into a beautiful night! We had such a good time and can't wait for next year....














8 comments:

Kristen said...

When we lived up there, we always said we were going to go that and never did. I'm jealous!

Amy D. Hall Riter said...

Jules- you look great! Serioulsy!

kh said...

Okay that's it!!! I am moving in! And I just might steal your daughter while I am there!

And you do look great! Seriously!

Heather said...

We LOVED the symphony at Deer Valley! This post brought back fond memories. I love it when you talk about your experiences in Utah, it brings a flood of memories. We'll be moving back to Utah in just 3 years...see ya there!(:

Lindy said...

Hey Julie,

You (and anyone reading this) are invited to join in on a "My Favorite Things for Fall" package swap. See my blog to find out more!

http://funakifam.blogspot.com/

Lindy

The Recipe Market said...

Hey Julie,

I have decided to quit early! I am not blogging anymore, but I’d love to stay in contact with you! Thanks for sharing your life with me over these past few months, it’s been so great getting to know you! I am still doing the recipe blog, where you are always welcome to come and visit.
Take Care,
Kristen Hansen
mkhansenfam@gmail.com
therecipemarket.blogspot.com

Julie said...

Hey Julie,
It's Julie (Whiting) Nielsen. I just wanted to say hello. I have looked at your blog quite a few times, but I always get shy to say hello. Don't ask me why, I guess thats just me! Anyhow, I was going to add you to my links if you don't care.

Amy D. Hall Riter said...

Come on sister, lets get with the game and update your blog! Miss you!