Monday, September 10, 2007

utah football...










It's here, utah football season! I'm so excited for this season!! This Saturday was the Ute's first home game. Unfortunately, they lost...but we had a good time going. Before the game we met up with the Hackings at Ruth's Diner up immigration canyon. It was a perfect day for lunch up the canyon. There is defiantly a hint of fall in the air and some leaves have even started changing. Of course lunch was EXCELLENT. For anyone living or visiting Utah, Ruth's Diner is a MUST!

After lunch we headed over to the game. John and I got to our seats pretty early thanks to his handicap parking. That thing is priceless!! The game started at 4pm and it was HOT! This was Eleanor and Evan's first game and of course we didn't expect them to last the entire game. They both did really good until halftime. Eleanor was LOVING the band and all the clapping. She thought everyone was clapping for her. Of course we had to get her a snow cone and that kept her entertained for about 20 mins and then she was a little upset when it was gone. That little girl LOVES her food! Finally just before halftime Lori and I left the game and took the kids over to her sister-in-law's house. It was just too hot and the kids were starting to get a little fussy. After the 3rd quarter John and Ryan left and we all headed over to Leatherbys. John ordered something with the name Granny in it and it fed all four of us. It was supper good but really rich!

Overall we had a great night and we are looking forward to many more games...lets just hope we win a few!

3 comments:

k8shoe said...

So how does your friend like having the name Lori Hacking? I'm sure that gets old being asked that. It looks like Dick and your sister are perfect for each other. He probably wouldn't even remember me but I'm sure he'd remember Whitney. You guys seem to do lots of fun things (even if it does include that red football team :) )!

Kristen said...

I love the picture of the kids in their Utes shirts--so fun. One of my all-time favorite ice cream treats is a Bart's Black and Tan from Leatherby's. Yum.

Heather said...

I get a walk down memory lane every time I read you blog. I love the Utes and I LOVE Ruth's Diner and I LOVE LOVE Leatherby's. Your pic is making me crave Leatherby's right now. You have such a cute little family. Take Care!