Saturday, April 5, 2008

kite runner in training...


last weekend we watched the movie 'kite runner'. i'd read the book a few years back and was a little apprehensive about the movie. well it turned out that we both really enjoyed the movie. i knew john liked it, but i had to clue he'd be so into kite flying now. today he went out and bought eleanor a new kite and later told me he wants to arrange a neighborhood kite flying competition. he cracks me! i love how excited he gets about things. i also love how he got eleanor a spider man kite. she really does love spider man! he had a little issue getting the kite up and going, but eventually he was out of string and the kite was soaring!

*i had just posted this and went into the kitchen to find john doing research on kite flying. he's reading how to make the string strong and capable of cutting down other kites. i love this guy!

5 comments:

Sara Baldwin said...

nice... i get a kick out of john. kite flying sounds fun... you've just inspired me to fly my own sometime soon (though it's not really windy enough here).

Tiff Hunt said...

what about razor blades?

Peay Family said...

I guess you could tell him just to dip the string in broken glass like they do in the book!!

elyse said...

I am so excited that you are going to NYC with us!! We are going to have a blast!!!!

mikkilynn said...

I'll know to beware of him at the 1st annual neighborhood kite flying contest--I never realized it was so "dog eat dog."