Saturday, June 27, 2009

all about eleanor


Last month when John and I were in Greece, we brought Eleanor home a toy tomato. This tomato is filled with liquid and when you throw it on the ground it goes completely flat and then regains it's form. Eleanor LOVES this tomato and has about worn it out. A few weeks ago I went to NYC with my sisters and Amanda, and all Eleanor wanted me to get her was a "squishy" spider (she calls her tomato her "squishy tomato". Aafter much searching in FAO Schwarz and a few other stores, I had no luck finding her a squishy tomato. I did manage to find a cute Hello Kitty purse and the cutest Middleton Newborn baby doll. (I'm probably more in love with that doll then she will be) She liked the purse and I'm holding out to give her the doll untill our little baby is born in October.

Well, yesterday I was at Old Navy and I spotted this little star ice pack. Eleanor was out with Amy and Davey on a date to Temple Square and I had told her I was going to find her a surprise. When I saw this I new it would be a HUGE HIT. And a huge hit it is! Eleanor has carried it around with her the past 24 hours. She keeps telling me how much she loves it and thank you so much. I love how excited this little girl gets over the simplist things! She is always so greatful for the smallest things and it makes it so fun getting her little surprises.

The past few weeks Eleanor has been into choosing what she wears. I used to think I would be the parent who would always have my children looking perfect, well Eleanor has changed that!! She has a new love for dresses and not just any dresses. At first it started with the dresses we got her while in Mexico, or as she would call them her "Mexican Dresses". It then moved onto long and "fancy" dresses. Two of her favorite "fancy" dresses are the one my mom got her from Costco for tea parties and the one from Amy and Davey's wedding. She has insisted on wearing either one of these for the past two weeks. I have to sneak it off of her while she is sleeping and wash it before she wakes up. She is obsessed! She also has to wear either her play princess shoes or her "wedding" shoes (also from Amy's wedding). Now just a few days ago she discovered a pile of clothes Niki had given me a few months back. All the dresses in that pile are at least 5T or bigger. Eleanor has found a Christmas and a 4th of July dress and of course she will ONLY wear one of those. As cute as this is, I really hope she grows out of this little obsession before too long!

No comments: