Thursday, September 1, 2011

Warm Weather and Bikes






The girls have enjoyed the warm weather summer and have spent most afternoons out in the front yard riding bikes. Well, actually Eleanor doesn't really enjoy riding her bike. We pulled out the bike first thing this summer but Eleanor was not one bit interested. I tried working with her for about a week but she and I were both getting too frustrated. Finally I figured out that Eleanor was a little too big for her bike and that's why she was having issues riding it. So I found a new bike on KSL and thought for sure she'd get the hang of it right away. Well, it was easier for her to ride but she still didn't care for it much. She only wants to ride her little red trike. It's pretty funny watching her on that thing. She gets going so fast and she reminds me of a little witch. She also loves giving Amelia rides and of course Amelia thinks its great.


Amelia also loves being outside and riding bikes. She is pretty fearless. She loved riding Eleanor's old bike and thought she was so big. She also spent a lot of time riding her motorcycle. She would spend hours going up and down the side walk on her little motorcycle. It will be fun watching her learn how to ride a bike next year. She was pretty close this year but is just a little too short.

I must say we spent many many hours out in the front yard. It was a lot of fun and I'm going to miss being outside. I've already had to pull the cars out of the garage one day to let the girls ride their toys while it was pouring rain. I have a feeling they will be spending a lot of time in the garage this winter!

No comments: