Wednesday, October 31, 2007

john-the mountain man

i've got to give a little shout-out to john. this year he went with his brother and his family on the deer hunt. last week for four days they woke up at 5:00 am (and he wonders why i didn't go with them) and headed up to either spanish fork canyon or near strawberry. on the 3rd trip out john shot his very 1st deer. neither of us enjoy (i've actually never tried it...but i know i'd hate it) deer meet so we figured we just make nothing but jerky. now the question is...who wants jerky.


*note to readers. i know this picture is very disturbing with the deer looking right at you. trust me, it was really creepy taking this photo. i wish they'd closed the poor things eyes. and no, i did not let eleanor see this. i'm afraid she would have permanent damage. the poor girl freaked out when her pinata got smashed.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Go John You mountain man you ..... I agree, I just dont see the point in waking up a 5 am and wondering around all day to shoot a dear....Yikes, But people love it....I am so glad Aaron is not a big hunter! No dear heads on my wall...=)

Lindy said...

Julie, didn't you NOT marry a boy from St. Johns for this very reason? :)

Lindy said...

Actually, there are probably a lot more reasons not to marry a SJ boy. That's why I got one from half-way across the world!

No offense to anyone who did…we're just joking here, people.

Tiff Hunt said...

You don't love deer meat? I have eaten my fair share, along with Elk meat. It isn't that bad, if it's cooked right. How fun for John. GOOD JOB!
P.S. I love Lindy's comments. LOVE IT!