Wednesday, March 5, 2008

She's back!!

I was so excited for Eleanor to come on on Saturday from Arizona!! She was down there for 6 days and had the time of her life. She of course got spoiled rotten, played with her cousins and dogs and enjoyed the warm weather. She LOVED her little vacation. It's amazing how well she did for how young she is. A few times when I would talk to her on the phone she'd get a little sad and start crying (broke my heart) but other then that she did great!! 

On Saturday we went to the airport to pick her up and had brought a bunch of balloons but she was asleep in the stroller when we first saw her. I was a little disappointed because I wanted to see how she'd react when she saw us. I tried waking her up but she was so out of it!! Finally when we went out into the cold weather she woke up. Being that she was still out of it, she didn't show much emotion until I was putting her in her car seat. John leaned in from outside and gave her a kiss on the check. Eleanor sat there for a second and then she got the saddest look on her face and then just broke out in tears. It was the saddest thing!!! I couldn't stand her crying so I took her out of her car seat until we got to the pay booth. It was so sad!! She cried and cried for a good 20 minutes. Finally John put on the valentines mix I had made him and she immediately stopped crying and started dancing. There are two songs on there that she LOVES, "If Your Still In Love With Me" and "All You Need Is Love". Of course once she started dancing she then warmed up and started smiling and talking to us. I can't believe how much we missed her while she was gone and how happy we were to see that little pistol!!!

2 comments:

Amy D. Hall Riter said...

I miss her like crazy!

rhodesfamily said...

hey guys! thanks so much for coming to the blessing! i'm just sad cause it seems like i didn't get to talk to you guys much since it was so hectic. but we really appreciate your support! i'm glad you have eleanor back :) i'll bet she had a blast, but i'm sure you missed her like crazy! hope all is well-and hope things are good with school, julie. are you still gonna do that "go fish" game for your project? oh, also, my friend saw your photo website and was so impressed, she was wondering if you could do some pics of her 2 yr old. can i give her your info? or are you just too busy? soon you'll be famous! :) let me know. meg :)