Tuesday, February 26, 2008

cries, laughs, messes, hugs...i miss them all!


Eleanor flew down to AZ with Amy yesterday and John and I are missing her like crazy!!! Back in Dec. she went down for almost a week while I was in finals. Of course I missed her, but I was so busy and really stressed that I didn't have time to really think about it. I guess I was thinking this trip would be like the last...boy was I wrong. I was seriously kind of depressed all day yesterday. The only thing that helped was knowing that my parents were going to be so shocked when they saw Eleanor. We haven't seen my parents since before Christmas which is the longest stretch since Eleanor's was born.  My poor mom has been calling and trying to arrange a time to meet up but I've been putting her off and trying to keep Eleanor's visit a surprise. Amy flew in last weekend but told my parents she was going to LA. We knew that if my mom knew Amy was in Utah she'd ask Amy to bring Eleanor home and we wanted to surprise her. It has been so HARD not telling her, but it was totally worth it. Both my mom and dad were so surprised. My took video of both and is planning on putting it on her blog. Of course Eleanor is having a great time! She doesn't seem to be missing us one bit! She's loving all the attention. I did get to talk to her a little on the phone and it was so cute hearing her say, "hi mom". I love that little girl and miss her so much!! I will admit, John and I went out to eat last night and it was so nice being alone. Now maybe today I can knock off a few of my things to do....

9 comments:

Amy D. Hall Riter said...

Mom and dad's reactions were priceless. I will post the videos when I get home.

Barnes said...

How fun for her to be able to go on a little vacation. Sometimes we miss them but it will be nice for you to just relax and get some "me" time which I'm sure you deserve. You're the best!

Unknown said...

thanks for letting her come down here! and rest assured, she is going to be spoiled to death.

wish you + john could have come, too.

Kristy Martin said...

Oh, I'm jealous....

Peay Family said...

You know, I am always wishing for just a little break from being with Ollie. But then after just a few minutes away from him I already miss him and can't wait to get back home. How long is Eleanor staying in Arizona?

rhodesfamily said...

hey guys,
holy cow-she gets to go on a trip on her own already....how lucky :) hope you guys are enjoying your alone time. but i can see how you'd miss her. the longest i've been away from mav is like 4 hrs-and then i can't wait to see him again :) i guess we'll see you guys on sun for the blessing (sorry it's to early). also, i'm sorry about grandpa hatch! even when you're expecting it, it's still hard.

The Shirley Family said...

Oh I bet that is so hard to have hear gone. I think that is so nice and thoughtful of you guys to let her take a little vacation to see her Grandparents. Let's get together and hang out soon.

Elicia said...

Isn't it wierd how much you can miss them even though sometimes they drive you crazy? Even when my little guy has spent all morning destroying the house I end up getting excited to see him when he wakes up from his nap.

Lyman Family said...

Have fun this week. The first time we left are kids I am sure my Mom wanted to tell us to quit calling. I love the pictures of you guys when you were little.