Thursday, October 29, 2009

Amelia's first few days.



We seriously lucked out with Amelia. She is the dream baby! Yesterday we took her for her new born check up and she weighed 7lbs 8oz, only one ounce below her birth weight. She really does not cry, not even when we change her diaper. Last night she slept in 4 hour stretches! You see, I really do have the perfect baby. It's hard to put her down. I really could hold her all day long!

Poor Amelia has really sensitive skin. I feel so bad for her little face it always has little red spots all over it. We think she might have blue or hazel eyes. They definitely aren't the dark black that Eleanor's were at her age. I never thought I would have a child with blue eyes, but I would LOVE it!

Eleanor is doing great with her. She wants to give her all her treats and toys. This morning Amelia was laying in her bassinet and started fussing a little so Eleanor rushed over to check on her. I over heard her saying, "It's okay, Baby. I'm right here". She is also a little obsessed with me pumping. She told me that she is going to ask Santa Clause for a breast pump! She also told John that she is a big "girl" sister because her head is not shaved. (don't ask me where she came up with that!).

It really has been so much fun having Amelia home with us. She is so easy going and pleasant. Let's just hope she continues this way...

4 comments:

Tiff Hunt said...

I have been waiting to see these!! She is GORGEOUS!! She looks a lot like John to me! So cute!

elyse said...

She is John, keep the pictures coming I check all the time!!

Neb said...

She is a cutie I hope she stays sweet forever!

Jordan and Luci said...

Julie, she is so precious! I am in UT and was thinking of you a ton. Amelia is so cute and I love the big sister! They are both so cute!