Saturday, October 31, 2009

Eleanor and Amelia

Eleanor was so anxious for us to get home from the hospital! When we pulled up to our home we could see Eleanor's little face looking out the window. She had the biggest smile on her face and was waving so fast! Before I could even open my door she was right there. Of course she brought Amelia one of her animals and gave it to her.

While we were in the hospital, Mimi and Sara took Eleanor to have her pick out an outfit for Amelia to wear home. Eleanor was so excited to see that Amelia was wearing the little outfit. She was also so happy to hold Amelia. She didn't want to hold her for much more then a few seconds.

While I was in New York I bought Eleanor a newborn Middleton doll, thinking she would love having her own baby when I brought home Amelia. As you can see, she wasn't that thrilled about the doll. It's a good thing I had a new pair of dress up shoes on hand and John had a squishy spider for her.





We have been so pleased with how Eleanor has been with Amelia. She loves "her" baby. She told me today that when Amelia smiles it makes her smile. The first night we brought Amelia home, I heard Eleanor yell in her sleep, "Giver her back! She's my baby!". I'm so glad they get to have each other and can't wait for them to become best friends!

6 comments:

our family said...

congrats!!! how fun to have another girl! come down and use the studio if you want! i would love it!

elizabeth said...

Amelia is so precious! We can't wait to meet her. Eleanor is going to be a great big sister. How cute that she already is taking on the duties.

Hales Family said...

Congrats! That is so fun! They are both darling. What a sweet baby.

Peay Family said...

You guys make cute girls (with super cute names!) I guess you'd better keep popping them out!

Amanda said...

Bummer that she doesn't like the doll-when you picked it out I thought she would love it! At least you had the spider on hand. I think Amelia is precious. She is the perfect baby. I think it is so great that Eleanor is not jealous-although Ty's jealousy cam a little later....(Not to scare you because girls are different :)

Neb said...

So good to se you bloggin again.. love the new pics. I hope all is still going well for you and the babe!