Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Surprise Visit

Sunday night at around 9pm John and I were working down in the basement when the doorbell rang. I rushed up to answer the door and was pleasantly surprised when I saw little baby Olive all bundled up in her car seat on my doorstep!!! It was such a great surprise!! Mimi, Jeff, Elyse, Olive, Sara and Lydia drove up from Arizona! Most times when I go down to Arizona I like to surprise at least one person, so this was such a treat!

Eleanor and Lydia had such a great time during their visit. Their is nothing like cousins! It's sad we don't live closer to all her cousins, but I'm so happy Eleanor gets to see them often and that they love each other. To be honest I was a little worried how the two of them would do together. Its fun seeing these two playing together and getting along. For a while, Eleanor was just too young for Lydia and I think she bugged Lydia. But now they get along great! It was so much fun having Lydia at our house for a week. These two played and played. The day after Lydia left Eleanor kept asking me if we could go to Lydia's house and kept asking why everyone had to live in Arizona.

It was also a lot of fun having Jeff, Elyse and little Olive here. I don't even remember the last time Jeff was here and I know it's been quite a few years since Elyse has visited. It was great just hanging out, going to Ruth's Diner and having Jeff make us some delicious pisole and chicken dumplings. Again, too bad we don't live closer so we could get together more often! Olive and our little soon to arrive baby are going to be only 3 months apart. Hopefully they will be best of cousins!!












No comments: