Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve Part I








Christmas Eve this year was a lot of work but a lot more fun! Poor John had to work during the day and I prepared my first turkey dinner. I was a little nervous I'd end up with a raw or dried out turkey, but thanks to my friend Tiffany and her advice, the turkey was delicious (and I don't even really care for turkey)! I stuffed the body with lemons, onions and fresh rosemary, turned it upside down and cooked it in a Reynolds bag. I really did not enjoy cleaning the turkey out and handling such a large raw bird. I told John next time he gets the honors.

We had most of John's family over for. The girls decided they wanted to put together a little talent show and then they all participated in our very nontraditional version of the nativity. Both Eleanor and Kaitlyn were Mary, Derek was Joseph, Amelia was baby Jesus, Ashely and Savannah were angles and Michael and Zack were the wise men. We also got to watch Derek show off his crazy dance moves and enjoyed a few great dance moves from Eleanor as well.



After everyone left it was too late to make cookies, so we just used a few from the neighbors and put some carrots out on the front porch for the reindeer.

When it was time for bed, I took Eleanor into her room and read her some Christmas books. While we were reading we heard Santa's bells ringing right outside Eleanor's window!!! Eleanor knew that Santa couldn't come in if she was awake so she closed her eyes and tried her hardest to go to sleep.

I remember watching a family home video oh my parents on Christmas Eve and I've always imaged how fun it would be getting things ready on Christmas Eve. I'd have to say, it was more fun then I could have imagined!

No comments: