Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A day of firsts...

Today we took the girls to get their very FIRST PASSPORTS. I wish I would have scanned in a copy of each of their photos. They are both hilarious. Amelia is sticking out her tongue and has the best double chin! Eleanor looks like she's about ready to start crying. I'll have to scan in a copy of their passports when they arrive.

Dang Eleanor about got us in trouble while applying for her passport. Remember how she's been insisting that her name is not Eleanor but Savannah. Well she kept saying that while we were filling out her application and when the man was asking us if she was Eleanor and if she was in fact our daughter. Dang girl wouldn't stop saying, "No, my name isn't Eleanor its Savannah" every time we said the name Eleanor. She's lucky the guy didn't turn us in!

Another first is Amelia has her FIRST COLD. Poor baby is all stuffed up. Even when she's sick, she is still so pleasant!! Just check out the grin on this girls face!!

Our final "first" for today was mailing off Eleanor's LETTER TO SANTA. She wrote one last year, but we never actually mailed it off. Last night Eleanor wrote her letter to Santa with her list which included:
Zhu Zhu pets
My own house in Arizona, not Mimi's
A purple door for my house
A doll that talks and chases my cousin Zach
A dog

I'm pretty sure Santa won't be delivering all her wishes, but he'll do his best!
While we were waiting for our appointment for the passports, Eleanor got to put her letter in the mailbox. Her excitement was great! She asked if Santa was behind the wall waiting for her letter. I had to explain to her that it was being mailed to the North Pole and that he wasn't at the post office. I forgot to bring my camera, but her is a photo just a few hours later. Every time I take out the camera to get a photo of Amelia, Eleanor asks to get her photo as well. It's actually a nice change, she used to do anything to avoid getting her photo taken!


3 comments:

Katie Wolfley said...

Julie your girls are so adorable!
We could possibly be moving to the UK in the early spring. Right now they are working on all of the work VISA's and things of that nature, but we will be in the north western part of England, not London. We will have to get together if you guys are still there when we move over! Craziness that we are both moving over there.

Tiff Hunt said...

I want to steal your kids!! They are so stinkin cute!! I love Amelia's smile. Elanor cracks me up!!! I love them!! I can't believe you are going to London. How exciting though.

Amanda said...

Your girls are adorable. So fun to see you guys and hang out. We will miss you when your gone! I could Amelia all day long....