Saturday, July 7, 2007


I absolutely LOVE the 4th of July! Every year I look forward to celebrating this great holiday. I just can't believe how fast it creeped up this year. We had such a fun day. I was a little disappointed we didn't make it to an early morning breakfast. Our city doesn't do one but we found out our friend's city does, so next year we'll have to hit it! So, instead of an early morning breakfast we all slept in pretty late. We were all so tired from
the party we had the night
before. I'm normally not
much for sleeping in, but
every now and then it's great.
Once we got rolling we did a
little yard work and let Eleanor play in the sprinklers. We had to get use out of the 4th of July bikini Mimi gave her. ~thanks mom!
After yard work we ran a few errands around town. We are starting our basement this next week and needed a few supplies. (I'm so anxious to get it done. Every since Eleanor came around, we have no room! Funny how that happens!)

Every year (well 2 out of the 3 we have lived here) our neighborhood puts on a bbq. It's actually quite nice. Both years they've had a huge screen with a movie playing and this year the Riverton Symphony performed 1812 Overture with live cannons. We weren't able to stay for the entire performance because we had a few friends and family over to light some fireworks and then watch the Thanksgiving Point fireworks from our little park. This year John and I bought the largest package of fireworks we could find!! We actually started about a week before the 4th lighting some each night in hopes of getting Eleanor used to them.....but no such luck. She was not liking them! I think she liked the light and colors...just not the sound. She did MUCH better with the Thanksgiving Point ones. She even fell sleep. I'm sure because we couldn't hear them too much. But we had a great time with Jay & Scott, and Tiffany, Paul and his family.
Again, I LOVE the 4th of July and I was a little sad to see it end. One nice thing about living in Utah (ok, so maybe there is more then just ONE nice thing) is we kind of get to celebrate all of July. I'm hoping this year we get to go to the SLC parade. I love it!
I didn't want to have an overload of photos...but you can always check the rest out on our smugmug page.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Okay, you have to stop posting pictures of Ella 'cause one day I might just come & steal her:)! She's so dang cute! Looks like a fun 4th!