Saturday, July 7, 2007

movie, croquet and tinfoil dinners...


I think we may have started a new tradition....or at least I would like to. This year John and I had a little get together with some of our neighbors on the night before the 4th. We thought it would be fun to play a little bit of croquet, make tin foil dinners and watch a movie outdoors. It was so much fun! I must admit, the movie (chosen by the men of course, Indiana Jones, got a little too long) so me and a few of the girls ended up inside talking for most of the movie. I didn't mind, John and I had just watched all 3 Indiana Jones, so I was well caught up! I'm afraid we may have smoked out our neighbors with our fire pit. I swear the neighborhood smelt like smoke all the next day.


John was pretty proud of his "surround sound theater". He insisted on bring out a few of his "Bose" speakers to make sure we could all hear okay. I'm sure the neighbors behind us loved hearing the theme to Indiana Jones all night!


We are having another bbq this sunday and are hoping to do the movie thing again. I LOVe summer and spending time outside!


2 comments:

Amy D. Hall Riter said...

I love your yard! Looks like you had a blast!

Mindy said...

cool idea. can't wait to come to utah and party with you,john and eleanor. by the way, how did you do the cool background? can you find me some brown/green/orange pattern for my blog. thanks.