Thursday, July 26, 2007

surgarhouse park





















Wednesday while John was at work, the power went out and they sent everyone home....well at least we thought. Right when John pulls into our drive way he got a call telling him that the power was up and running and they wanted everyone back to work. When he told me this I seriously thought he was just trying to get me. But nope, he had to go back to work. I was totally bummed because I had made plans for a fun afternoon with John. So instead of just staying home I went up to SLC with him. Eleanor and I dropped him off at work and had an hour and a half to burn. We headed to trolley square to hit my favorite stores, Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware. We are in the process of finishing our basement so I'm looking for some decorating ideas. I did find the couch I want....but its $7,999. I could furnish my entire basement for that amount!
After shopping, it was time to pick John up. We thought it would be fun to take Eleanor to the Surgarhouse Park. I LOVE this park! They have a huge pond with TONS of ducks, a lot of hills, a little stream and plenty of playgrounds. It was fun watching Eleanor feed the ducks. She kept trying to reach out and touch the ducks. I had to keep pulling her hands back to keep her from getting bit. Of course we had to take her on the swings. This little girl is a dare devil! She loves the swing....but only if you push her pretty high. She laughs the entire time. We could have spent a few more hours just swinging.
After the park we headed over to the soup kitchen for a quick dinner. I of course got the chicken and rice and John the clam chouder. I will admit just going to the soup kitchen got me anxious for the fall. Nothing beats the fall in Utah. I can't wait.
So, after the soup kitchen we headed to Nordstroms Rack to get me a new pair of running shoes. I was shocked to find that the first pair of shoes I tried on fit really well...so I bought them. NEVER has it taken me that short of time to pick out shoes, yet alone running shoes.
After Nordstroms Rack we show Blades of Glory at the $1 show. I know, I know. I hate going to the $1 show. But after having a kid you get so behind in movies, and you don't really want to spend full price on a show when all you are doing is trying to keep your kid entertained. And, now that Eleanor can crawl she wants down. The thought of her crawling around on the $1 show floor about makes me puke, but you can only fight them so long. I let her crawl around for about 15 mins and then she was out cold for the rest of the show. Dumb show, but had some pretty funny parts.
So, even though John had to go back to work, we still had a fun evening. I just wish we could play every evening and not worry about household responsibilities. Like right now, John is outside weeding the flower garden and I just got done cleaning up the house.


2 comments:

Amy D. Hall Riter said...

You look great, Jules.
I love that big rubber duckie.
I can't wait for you and Eleanor to get here. I am going to be in Mississippi from the 10th -14th!

kh said...

Okay, I hate you!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that part of SLC you were in! That was where I used to live! Sugarhouse park is where I did most of my running, and the $1 show is where I'd entertain myself (I was cheap!) and Nordstrom Rack is where I shopped. There was this fun little bread shop near there, that I used to go to, but I can't remember the name, anyway FUN TIMES!

The pics are cute, as always. Isn't Utah wonderful? Lucky Duck!