Monday, January 19, 2009

martin luther king day..

John decided to spend his holiday up on the slopes with Blake today, so Eleanor and I are going to have our own little vacation. This morning while I was wasting time of facebook, I let Eleanor do a little painting (her new favorite daily activity). After about 30 minutes I heard her yelling for me that she was done. I walk in to find this lovely face painting! At first I was upset at her because she just got in trouble yesterday for painting on her legs. After I gave her a little talking to you says, "mom, I'm Mikey Mouse, see my nose". How could I be mad at that??




After we scrubbed the Mickey Mouse nose clean, we met up with Jay and Zack to get some photo booth photos. This is something I try to do once a month and I wanted to make sure I got January's done. Eleanor LOVES Zack and they both had a good time getting their photos taken together.
After the photo booth we met up with Lana, Quinn, Lilly, Grandpa and Grandma Martin at Chucky Cheese. This was both mine and Eleanor's first visit to Chucky Cheese. Eleanor had a great time riding the rides and playing with her cousins. While the kids played, Jay and I went and got some lunch at Cafe Rio. We then headed over to the theater to catch Madagascar 2, but it was sold out so we headed over to the Bean Museum. Of course Eleanor loved it. She got to pet a snake, turtle and an iguana. All the kids enjoyed seeing the animals and just being with each other. Eleanor is so social and LOVES being with all her cousins. She feel asleep right when we left Jay's house and I'm hoping she stays that way for at least another hour. John had a great time skiing and is now cleaning out the garage. I should go help, but I'm going to go watch the first episode of United States of Tara. I've been anxiously waiting for this snow and can't wait to enjoy it!!!!!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Kids are very funny. Weston has been drawing Ben Ten watches on his wrist the past few weeks. It is hard for them to understand why we don't write or color on ourselves.

Steph & James said...

Seriously Jules, YOUR first time to Chucky Cheese????? I had my 6th birthday party there!

Barnes said...

I'm impressed you made it to Chucky Cheeses--are you going to go back?!! What a great mom for letting her get painted all up. She is so cute!