Wednesday, May 27, 2009

John's Birthday April 14





Today John turned 27 years old!! It's never that much fun teasing him about getting older...he always comes back with the fact that no matter how old he gets, I've got him by three years!!

Lucky for us, John took the day off work so we got to spend the day together. This year I was so happy to plan ahead and have breakfast for him in bed. Years past I always think of it too late and always wish I would have done it. Eleanor was so excited for his surprise that she kept going in the bedroom and telling him we were making him a surprise. And of course, she had to share his french toast with him. It was such a pleasant morning having John home and to make things better, we got to enjoy a nice rain storm all morning!

After breakfast I asked John what he wanted to do and he wanted to take Eleanor down to Thanksgiving Point. What a sweet Dad!! It was really fun watching John and Eleanor together. Most of the time we go to Thanksgiving Point John is at work so it's just Eleanor and I. This time Eleanor was so excited to have John there with us. She wouldn't have a thing to do with me and wanted to take John around and show him everything. I love the special relationship the two of them share!!

Next we headed over to Mi Ranchito for lunch. I'm not sure what it is, but a birthday is not complete with out Mexican food! It's just tradition!

The rest of the day was spent hanging out at home and just enjoying having Dad home with us. Happy Birthday Day, John. We LOVE you!

No comments: