Sunday, May 31, 2009

Girls NYC Trip













Hopefully this will become a tradition with the Hall girls. This is the second year in a row that we have all gone to New York together. New York is the perfect location for a girls week!! This year Amy was going to NYC for work. She and Sara called me to see if I could go but John and I had just gotten back from our Europe trip and I didn't think I could pull it off. Well, John is so sweet and he helped me get a free ticket with our miles and we surprised Amy. Sara was able to tell me what flight she was on and I got on the same flight and booked the seat next to her. My plan was to be sitting on the airplane when she got on, but I had a few mishaps with my flight and didn't get there early enough to beat her on the plane. Turns out she was two people ahead of me in the security line. It was awesome seeing her face when I yelled out her name!!

We all got spoiled on this trip. Since Amy was going for work we all bunked up with her at the Marriott on 49th street. It was amazing!! It was just Amy and I for the first night then Sara came the second night and Amanda the third night. Unfortunately, I had to leave a day before everyone else, but it was such a great trip!!

Some of the highlights were:
*Wondering the streets and dreaming of living in one of the amazing apartments.
*Enjoying our Godiva chocolates in Central Park while watching guest arrive for a Gala at the zoo.
*Katz Deli and the delicious Ruben
*Taking taxis (again, thanks to Amy's work)
*Watching three movies in our favorite theater, AMC Loews Lincoln Square
*Getting to the MET just in time for a free sprint to our favorite exhibits
*Going to the MOMA (and being able to just walk across the street from our hotel
*Great FOOD!!
*Going to Magnolia's more times then we can count!
*Witnessing a police sting. Gun and all!!!
*Enjoying the amazing view from the Rock!
*Singing along to "9 to 5"!!!
*Waiting for the cast members of 9 to 5
*Going to FAO Schwarz to buy Eleanor a Middleton Doll
*Searching NYC high and low for a squishy spider
*Buying matching purses with Amy and Amanda
*Sighting John Krasinki while eating at Cafe Havana.
*Amy spilling her food due to the previous mentioned sighting

No comments: