Thursday, May 27, 2010

Eleanor




This is how I want to remember my little Eleanor. What a nut! Today she randomly asked me if she could have a drink of pickle juice. I tried talking her out of it, but she was pretty persistent. So, I gave her the cup thinking she would hate it. Nope, the girl drank the entire jar. The funny thing is I remember drinking pickle juice as well when I was young. Disgusting.

And for the record, I have to write what she told me today. After putting a dress on for her she tells me, "Mom, your a good mom. Expect you get mad sometimes. And when I have my kids, they will not have to clean the house. But you are a good mom". I've got to remember to pull this quote out when she has a little one pitching a fit about picking up his/her toys.

We are working on getting her to stay in her bed all night. The past few months she comes into our room nearly every night and it's driving me nuts! She saw a barbie doll she loved at the store the other day, so we made a deal. If she can stay in her bed for 25 nights she can buy the barbie. The first night she came into our bed and when she woke up she was so mad! She told me, "I really wanted that barbie doll. How did I get in your bed". The girl is such a deep sleeper and I'm sure she's dead asleep when she gets out of bed. Last night around 4:30 I heard her yelling for me. I went in there and she told me she had a scary dream, but that she wanted her barbie doll so she didn't get out of bed. Sad. I know, but hey she stayed in her bed. She wasn't too happy when I told her she had to wait 24 more nights. I have a feeling this is going to be a long 24 days!

And you've got to love her outfit in the photos. A dress with a tank top over it. The dress was a hand-me-down from Lydia. Eleanor LOVES anything given to her from her cousins. If I want to trick her into wearing something I think is cute, all I have to say is that Lydia, Stacey, Emma or McKenna used to wear it. I guess I won't be taking her along on my next shopping trip.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

This post made Doug and I laugh so much! I love Eleanor's spunk and determination!

Katie said...

that's so funny. my kids both drank a whole cup of pickle juice on Sunday. I thought they would take a few sips and be done but they drank all of it. Johnny did tell me he had a tummy ache afterwards though!