Wednesday, May 5, 2010

It's Quite Around Here



This morning I dropped Eleanor off at Tricia's house for their road trip down to Arizona and a little part of me was so sad. I started missing her before she even left! I'm not sure why I'm feeling this way, it's not like this is her first time to go to AZ without us. I think the biggest reason why I'm sad is because she looked and acted so grown up this morning. She was so excited for her road trip. She came into my room this morning asking if it was time to go to Tricia's yet. It about killed her to wait a few hours! She made sure to pack her princess dress, rainbow swimsuit,barbies and would only wear her nightgown and slippers. I took her to Maverick and let her pick out a bag full of treats. She couldn't wait to get on the road!!

Tricia texted me a photo of Snow White (the barbie) driving and said that they were having a great time. She also said that within the first 5 minutes, Eleanor had already asked two times if they were in Arizona yet. I'm sure it's going to be a fun 10 hours!

As much as I already miss her, and will miss her, I'm so glad Eleanor gets to have opportunities like this. She adores Tricia and I'm sure she'll talk her ear off! It's also nice not having to worry about her when she's at my parent's house. Eleanor adores her Mimi and Grandpa so much!! She also loves spending time with her aunt's, uncles and cousins. I love that even though we live in another state, my children can still have such a great relationship with family!

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm actually missing all the noises of Eleanor! The house has been so quite today! I had high hopes of getting my entire house and laundry done today, but that hasn't happened. Amelia has been my little shadow. She got her 6 month shots yesterday, and they always make her a little fussy. I don't mind too much, because it allows for a lot of snuggling time! She did allow me to put her down just long enough to clean the kitchen and fold a few loads of laundry.

2 comments:

kh said...

She's getting so big! What a doll!

Amanda said...

I can't wait to see her! She does seem so grown up in those pictures. What a cutie. We'll have to let her come over and play and I will be sure to make sure no punching fights happen again! (Ty is such a stinker)