Wednesday, May 12, 2010

She's back and so is my messy house!

Eleanor is home, and we are all so excited! It about killed me to wait for John to get home from work to go pick her up. When we got to Kristene's, Eleanor ran up and gave each of us a hug and then asked, "Can I spend the night here?". Are you kidding me? She's been gone for six nights and has only seen us for 4 seconds is already asking if she can spend the night!

According to all, Eleanor had a blast during her little vacation. I didn't worry about her while she was at my mom's house just because she is so comfortable there and she of course knows everyone so well. I was a little worried about the few days she spent with Tricia and Shannon in Eager. She has probably only met both of them a few times, but they said she was good and loved playing with all the kids. On the way home she drove back with Kristene , Aunt Lynette and Brielle, again she's probably only seen them two or three times in her life. She did get a little carsick and threw up in Kristene's car. I'm sure they loved cleaning that up!! Other then the little carsickness, they said she was great and was hilarious. I'm sure she talked their ears off!

Amelia was sure excited to see Eleanor. Her little legs were kicking and arms were flapping. It was a cute reunion. To celebrate Eleanor's homecoming we visited our favorite taco shop, Deigos. It was fun and the food was fab! All during dinner I kept thinking how much Eleanor had changed in just the few days she was gone. I honestly could tell she had gained more confidence and she just acted older.

On the way home Eleanor tells me, "Mom, I saved a secret for you". I asked her what the secret was and she said, "I hope you got me a surprise". Well, good thing I had gone to the store earlier today and got a few balloons and some new Little Pet Shops. Of course, Eleanor fell asleep on the way home so we had to wake her for her surprise. She was more then pleased with her surprises. She even asked me to take a photo of her Pet Shops kissing. She also got a surprise letter in the mail from Mickey Mouse (aka junk mail) and thought it was the coolest. She then had to show me the new shoes Mimi bought her, the jewelry box she made and a few other things she brought home from Arizona.

All five of us (Bear included) curled up in our bed and talked ourselves to sleep. It was a crowded night, but I enjoyed it!






1 comment:

elyse said...

we totally enjoy her. Jeff and I love her and have been talking about that little Pill all day. I have a funny feeling a little miss olive is going to be a bit like her crazy cousin :)