Friday, May 21, 2010

Exhausted and Playfull!

Eleanor had her little friend, Aspen, over today and those two PLAYED! It was so dang windy out, but it didn't seem to bother them. Watching them played reminded me of how me and my sisters used to play. They were hauling all sorts of toys outside, pretending to make a house. It was cute listening to their little conversations and watching them run all around the backyard.

When John got home we threw some chicken on the grill and Eleanor played in the sprinklers. The girl must have some major tolerance to cold! It was pretty dang chilly out and yet she was getting soaked. When we finally got her to come in, we gave the girls a warm bath and fed them dinner. Eleanor started falling asleep while eating her food. I LOVE it when kids do that. I think it's so dang funny. Here she is totally zonked out on John's lap and the best part, it was only 7:30! Hopefully she'll play hard like this all summer and start going to bed at an earlier time.

So, once Eleanor was out for the night, Amelia decided it was time for all the attention. She was showing off and being adorable! John had her laughing pretty hard and she gave me a million kisses. Her kisses are the best! She grabs my face with both of her hands, pulls my face to hers and then kisses my entire face. It's the best! She's is also obsessed with hanging upside down. That's all the girl wants to do! She will squirm and arch her back until you give in and turn her upside down. Oh, and her other favorite thing to do is rip John's glasses off his face. I'm sure she doesn't understand why John doesn't find it so amusing!

1 comment:

LouDawn Hall said...

So cute. I love how Eleanor plays so hard. And don't even get me started on how much I miss Amelia...

(This is Sara, by the way)