Thursday, January 31, 2008

the pact: a love story

i just finished the book, the pact: a love story by jodi picoult. if i had to title the book, i would not add the "love story" part. like i said, i just finished it and i'm still trying to decided how i felt about it. i know it made me really depressed...and typically i don't like books that leave me feeling depressed. also, i had no clue what the book was about before i started reading it, and it was TOTALLY different then what i had imagined. maybe thats why i kind of had a hard time thinking of it as a "love story". however, the book did have some good parts that made me think a lot about my relationship with john and how lucky i am to have him! i can't wait for book club to see what everyone else thought of the book. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I tried to read a book by her once, I think it was Lovely Bones or something like that...I think I read the first 3 chapters like 3 times b/c i was confused and just a gave up!

Laurie said...

Hey Julie! It is Laurie Peterson. HOw the heck are ya? I ran into Amy's blog a few weeks ago. I just recently checked out yours and we are neighbors! I live over in the southwest corner of Lehi, almost to Saratoga, but right off of Main ST. Email me and I will send you an invite to my blog! mattandlaurie@gmail.com

Elicia said...

I am glad you finished it! I just finished another one of hers, Vanishing Acts, that I think is my favorite so far. I know what you say about getting you thinking though - all her books are like that. It will make for a good discussion for book club; you better be there! ;)