Monday, January 18, 2010

Date to the Movie Ater


Tonight was so sweet, John took Eleanor out on a little date! John has always wanted to take Eleanor to the theater he grew up going to. Its the little theater on Main St. in American Fork or as John called it growing up, the Sticky Shoe Theater (Sticky Shoe comes from all the spilled pop on the floor).

Eleanor was beyond excited for her date. I set out some clothes for her, but she told me she could not be beautiful in jeans and a t-shirt so she picked out a dress and her "Dorthy" shoes. She also had to have a clip in her hair and her makeup on.

When we pulled up to the theater we didn't think about it being a holiday and how everyone in Utah County also was going to this theater! John and Eleanor stood in line for the 3 o'clock showing but once they got up to buy the ticket, they only had 5 o'clock tickets. To pass two hours we all headed over to Costco and Petsmart. While we were waiting John asked if I just wanted to come along with them. Eleanor overheard us talking about it and informed me that I was NOT invited!! So, I dropped the two off at 5 and Amelia and I headed over to Target and Old Navy.

I was so excited to pick them up and hear all about the movie. John walked out of the theater carrying Eleanor and I figured she had fallen asleep. When I asked her if she fell asleep she said no, but John told me she was out within 30 minutes.

Even though she didn't stay awake the entire movie, they both had a great time! John said Eleanor was so excited and was loving all the attention. They already have their next date planned...and I'm pretty sure I'm not invited!

2 comments:

kh said...

Julie all your photos are just amazing! What a fun day for Eleanor, she looks so cute too!

I love the 'sticky floor' comment, my kids ask me, do they ever mop it? Must be from all the mopping we do at home. Poor kids.

Amanda said...

I love how Eleanor always falls asleep! I can't get my kids to sleep anywhere but their beds....It looks they had a fun date, so cute that she wanted to wear a skirt.