Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Amelia At Four Months




Amelia is four months and eight days old and she is so much fun! Here are a few things that I absolutely LOVE about here at this stage:

Her laugh. It's the cutest thing. It's a deep little belly laugh and it's not hard to make her laugh. Yesterday I was just tapping her little cheek and saying "yes" and she could not stop laughing.

Her smile. All you have to do is look at the little thing and she'll give you a huge smile! I love that she will smile at anyone and actually looks around for people to smile at.

Her little hands. Just this week she is really discovering how they work. At a restaurant last night John gave her a wrapper and she played with it for a 20 minutes. You could tell she was working so hard on opening and closing her hands in order to grab it. She was pretty pleased with herself.

Rolling over. She started rolling over about two weeks ago and hasn't stopped ever since. Anytime I lay her on her back she immediately rolls over. She hasn't quite figured out rolling over from her tummy to her back so she gets really frustrated and starts crying. I will put her on her back and once again, she rolls right to her tummy. When she gets the tummy to back down, she's going to be ALL over the place!

Her little voice. This little girl loves to blab! She's just like Eleanor and will talk herself to sleep. I love hearing her babbling in her bed first thing in the mornings. (Can't wait to be on a road trip with these two girls in a few years...)

Her chubby rolls! I seriously can't get over how cute her little legs, butt and cheeks are. I love them!

Sucking her thumb. I know this can become a problem in the future, but right now it's adorable! My favorite is watching her find her thumb. She starts clear at the top of her forehead and makes her way down to her mouth. And when she find her thumb, she goes to town! She is a loud little thumb sucker! I also love how she puts all her other fingers on top of her nose.

Her cry. Yes, I love her cry. (Maybe because she rarely cries!) When she does cry she shows it in her entire face. She has the best poutty face!

I love that she can sleep anywhere and is not a supper light sleeper.

Her lips. They are huge and so squishy!!I am in the process of teaching her how to give kisses and she loves it!

I love that her favorite song is the little chant from Big. All I have to is start singing, "I met a girlfriend" and she starts smiling and kicking her legs!

I love that she adores Eleanor. She follows her with her eyes all day and loves it when Eleanor lays down next to her. So far, she doesn't even mind Eleanor rubbing her chin.

No comments: