Friday, March 5, 2010

Hyde Park Outing

The sun was out and the temp was in the high 40s, so I gathered my little entourage and we headed out for Hyde Park. I didn't feel like packing the stroller and two kids by myself on the tube (too many stairs to deal with) so I opted to make the 3.5 mile trek. (I say trek because pushing a double stroller on the crowded streets in London is a challenge!)

If you have ever been to London, you know how confusing the streets here can be. Not only do streets change names all the time but it's nearly impossible to find street signs! I was shocked that I made it to the park without getting lost or having to ask directions.

On the way over Eleanor spotted a little cafe serving waffles so we made a little pit stop. I ordered a waffle with whip cream and Eleanor ate the entire thing!! She kept saying it was so delicious and asked why I can't make waffles like this.

On our walk I discovered the mecca of shopping in London, Oxford Street. I was able to run into a few stores, but wished I could have shopped longer!

Even though the sun was out, it got pretty chilly and Eleanor's poor little hands were ice cold! Finally, after 2 hours we made it to the Princess Diana Memorial Playground. It was well worth the walk. Eleanor had a blast swinging, playing on the large ship, digging in the sand and running around!

When it was time to go home I really wasn't in the mood to walk all the way home so we all jumped on the tube. I am so grateful for my Combi stroller. I was able to fold it up and swing it over my shoulder, carry Amelia in her car seat with one arm and hold Eleanor's hand with my other hand. I'm sure I looked like a circus act! I had to fight hard to keep Eleanor from falling sleep on the train. There's NO WAY I could have managed 3 flights of stairs with two sleeping kids, car seat and stroller!

Eleanor fell asleep right when I put her in the stroller and has been asleep ever since (about 3 hours). Amelia slept all throughout our adventure and has been keeping me company as I write this.








No comments: