Thursday, March 4, 2010

Eleanor at Three and Half Years



Wow, there is a lot about Eleanor that I love at this age (and let's be honest, there is a lot that I don't love!) Some of my favorite things about her at this age are:

Her imagination. I would love to know what goes on inside this little girls mind! Just right this second she is playing with two wooden spoons and told me she is playing her violin. She can take any boring thing and turn it into a fabulous toy. She is consistently pretending to be other people or having imaginary friends. My favorite is when she wants to play "Grandma and Grandpa" or when she wants to play restaurant lady.

She is obsessed with her cousin Savannah. She thinks Savannah is "the best big girl". Anytime we want to get Eleanor to do something, all we have to say is that Savannah does it. She is constantly asking when she will be the same age as Savannah.

She will not let me call her "baby" and is always reminding me that she is a big girl.

She loves wearing dresses and tights. She is always telling me how much she hates shirts and pants. She especially loves wearing her princess dress and her pretty pink shoes.

She loves barbie dolls. (Something I have NOT influenced!)

She loves to dance and has got quite the moves. This little girl knows how to shake her hips!

She will eat anything! Last night we were out to dinner and she ate half of a stuffed squid and the day before she hate half a plate of smoked salmon. She calls meet "fat" and its a little embarrassing when we are at a restaurant and she tells the waiter she wants fat.

She is amazing with Amelia! She is always playing with her and worried when she starts crying.

She has the most awkward smile for the camera.

She still has a love for "squishy" things.

She can tease with the best of them!

She is our little night owl.

1 comment:

Amy D. Hall Riter said...

You are such a cute mom, Julie. You daughters are adorable. I miss you guys. :( But so glad that you are there and having this experience.