Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter

This was the first year we've been home for Easter since John and I have been married. We had a great day together as a family. Sara and Dick spent the night and were able to be here while the girls got their Easter baskets. Like usual, I was more excited for Easter morning then Eleanor. I enjoyed putting together her basket and getting things I knew she would love. This year she got a little spoiled. The Easter Bunny got her a scooter, Barbie (it still sickens me to buy Barbies), paper dolls and Little Pet Shops. The cutest thing was watching Eleanor and John playing with the paper dolls. John is such a good dad and loves any opportunity to spend time with his little girls.

After opening baskets I talked to Eleanor why we celebrate Easter and explained to her that Jesus was resurrected. Well, during conference she kept hearing the word "Resurrection" and she was so proud that she understood what it meant. I really enjoyed conference. For me, it was all about parenting and I was grateful for what I learned.

We had our good friends the Hackings over for dinner. The food was fabulous and we enjoyed a few games after dinner. Overall, we had a wonderful Easter (just wish the weather could have been a little nicer!)









1 comment:

kh said...

You have such a gorgeous family Julie! Are you back in the states?