Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sleeping Kids




The photo of Eleanor and John was taken moments after she said, "Dad, I'm not tired". I've been quite proud of myself these past few weeks. I've been bathing the girls every night around 8pm and by 9:30 both girls are asleep in bed. I will admit, it's been nice having a few hours to spend with John each night. Amelia has been sleeping through the nights ever since we got back from London. Eleanor still occasionally makes her way into our bed during the wee hours of the night. I can't get too mad at her considering 90% of the time she is sleepwalking.

A few weeks ago I started a new little night time ritual. Instead of reading to Eleanor, I've been telling her stories from my childhood. She absolutely loves this! The other night we were getting ready for story time and she asked me, "Mom, tell me about Rebbecca and Mary and the haunted houses you used to make". Last night she snuck out of bed after I told her some stories and she crawled up on John's lap and said, "Dad, did you know uncle Jeff would was mean to mom when she was little"(I was telling her a story about Jeff locking me in my parent's bedroom). I'm so glad I started doing this and hope she will remember them!

No comments: