Thursday, June 17, 2010

I feel like these past few weeks have flown by! I really can't believe June is already half over. We really haven't been up to much other then working on our basement. I'm so thrilled to say that we are 95% done! We just have to paint the casing in the family room, hang a few doors, finish putting in the sink and toilet and install the doors and shelves in the built in. I'm really hoping we get most things done this weekend. It will be nice to have it done! Eleanor and Amelia have been enjoying the toy room and I am loving having all the toys downstairs. It's amazing how clean the girls room stays without all the toys! Now I can't wait to start cleaning out my pantry/office and get my kitchen organized. I can not believe all the stuff (okay, junk) we have collect the past 6 years. Let's just say I've enjoyed my daily trips to the DI! Here are a few other things we have been enjoying the past few weeks:

Playing in the rain. I've been enjoying the unusual cool weather for June.(it's allowed for more work days in the basement)
Playing dress up. This girl loves getting dolled up and plays hard until she crashes!

We've been having so much fun with cousins! Ashely and Savannah have been my little babysitters and Eleanor and Katelyn can't get enough of each other. The other night we had a big sleep over and Eleanor and Katelyn performed a little dance. I don't think I've laughed so hard in a long time!
We set up a little beauty salon one morning and got our nails done.
And this baby, well she's been a delight. She has been fighting a cold for a few weeks. Eleanor taught her how to clap yesterday and it was the cutest thing to watch. Eleanor was so proud of herself. I love watching them together. They both adore the other.

Oh and John got his braces off today! I haven't seen him yet, but he said they look good. I'll have to post a photo tomorrow. Can't wait to see for myself.

Well, that pretty much sums it up. We are looking forward to enjoying the rest of our summer!

2 comments:

Amy D. Hall Riter said...

That Amelia is so dang cute! I just want to cuddle her. Davey just said that he hopes we have cute kids like her! :) Can't wait to see you guys!

Sara Baldwin said...

Your pictures are all so awesome. I love the ones of Eleanor dancing in the rain. She's so pretty. And I love that green dress.

Also: Amelia. She's getting big and it kinda makes me sad. I don't think she'll remember me when she sees me next and that makes me really sad.