Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Eve At Home

I think I enjoy Christmas Eve just as much if not more then Christmas Day. It's been so much fun starting traditions with our little family. Last year we left carrots for the reindeer and Eleanor made sure we didn't forget this year. We also made a fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies for Santa (per Santa's request) and left him a big mug of milk.

After the cookies and carrots were left out, Eleanor and Amelia got to open their Christmas Eve present. Each year it's a new Christmas book and I read it to the girls in Eleanor's bed. Right after we finished reading we heard a large thump on the roof and then we heard jingle bells! Eleanor was so excited! She hurried and covered her eyes with her hands, laid down and told me I need to get out so she can go to sleep! I went to check on her 15 minutes later and she was out cold!

The rest of the night John and I got things ready while watching White Christmas. We got everything wrapped up (pun intended) around 11:30. I had to promise John I wouldn't wake the girls up at 5am (I did that last year and Eleanor wasn't quite ready to wake up!). It was hard for me, but I finally fell asleep and waited for Eleanor to wake us.

Making sure the reindeer had plenty of carrots.



Amelia was being soo good about getting her photo taken! What a little pill!




This year Santa left letters in the girl's stockings. Eleanor thought it was pretty awesome!

No comments: