Monday, December 13, 2010

John "Griswold" Martin


I tease John every year about being Clark W. Griswold when it comes to our house at Christmas time, but the truth be told, I LOVE it! John takes his lights very serious and does such a good job! This was my first year of helping (did all the bushes, thank you.) and I now have a little more respect for him. Putting up lights is a lot of work! It was actually really fun. We worked on them one night up past midnight. We were trying to get them all done before a big snowstorm and before Thanksgiving. It was such an enjoyable night. It's not too often I get John all to myself. I'm already looking forward to our next years all nighter!

This photo really doesn't do our lights justice. They really do look great! In the photo one of the wreaths on the garage is missing. The garage door accidentally ripped it off but it's back up and working just fine!

One night Aunt Lana and Uncle John were bring Eleanor home and their kids saw our lights. They were pretty impressed with them and kept talking about them. When the kids asked why we had so many lights on our house Eleanor told them that Santa Clause only goes to the homes with lights. I wonder if Uncle John 's put up any lights yet??

1 comment:

Michelle said...

wow! SO impressive!!