Wednesday, May 16, 2007

brian kershisnik & robert sabuda

I love museums. Art museums especially. If you live or are planning on being in utah the next few weeks, you need to go to the UMFA on the University of Utah campus. Currently there are two great exhibits. Brian Kershisnik and Robert Sabuda. The paints by Kershisnik are outstanding! The colors, textures and content are amazing. There is just something so splendid about seeing original art work. All the pieces in this show were HUGE. At one point I got sick of carrying Eleanor, so I placed her on the floor right in the middle of the gallery. I wish I'd had my camera to capture the difference in size. It would have been a great photo. Speaking Eleanor, she was so hyperactive in the museum. I think she loved all the bright colors and the echo of her voice (which she did not hesitate to use!).






The other artist was Robert Sabuda. Sabuda is a leading children's pop-up book artist and paper engineer. His work blows my mind!! My mom also LOVED this artist and bought two books. She bought my dad the Twelve Days of Christmas and Eleanor the Christmas Book. They are two great books! I'm sure Eleanor will grow up loving this special Christmas Book.

2 comments:

kh said...

I love seeing art (in it's original form) up close and personal. I am sad that museums aren't as popular anymore. I hope my kids grow up loving it as much as I do.

I love UTAH! I wish I lived there. U of U is MY place.

The pop-up books are darling!

mattcd42 said...

To read more on the artist:

click on this link to the article.