Monday, May 14, 2007

mothers day

Yesterday was my first mothers day! It wasn't your typical mothers day, but I had a great day!
We had to leave bright and early to take John to the airport. He had to go to New York for work. He felt bad he couldn't spend the day with me, but I just told him he'd have to make up for it later!

Sara and Dick stopped by on their way back to Arizona. They didn't stay long, but it was fun seeing them one last time. Eleanor had gone down for a nap so she didn't get to say goodbye to aunt Sara and Uncle Dick.

I totally shocked myself and went to church! I was planning on just staying home and watching the Sopranos. I was thrilled when I tried on the outfit aunt Amanda gave Eleanor and it fit!! She looked adorable and the older man sitting next to me told me he thinks he 's in love with Eleanor!! Of course she stared, smiled and snorted at him during the entire meeting.

After church I was in no mood to cook, so Eleanor and I got take out at the Olive Garden and got two episodes of the Sopranos in. John's brother, Scott, and his family had invited us over to watch the Jazz game so I made a batch of oatmeal-chocolate cookies and headed over. We ate TONS of dessert and watched a great game!!! I'm not really a Jazz fan, but I was happy they won last night. I'm hoping the next round will include the Suns and Jazz.

So that was my first mothers day. Of course I talked to John every few hours. He too had a great day. He was able to spend a few hours playing tour guide in Manhattan and enjoyed a yummy room service order of creme brule (my fav) and a strawberry milk shake (total of $36.00 ...thanks GoldmanSachs). I wish I could have been with him. Next trip!!

2 comments:

kh said...

This is so great! I am so with you on wanting to skip church and stay home to watch movies! I think about this every week! Not good of me, but what can you do when you are a movie addict.

Hope you are fending well having John out of town and hope you are having a blast with your mom while she is with you.

Jaime said...

Hey Jules!!! I totally wanted to skip church too, but my conscience got to me! My husband was at work, so I spent Mothers Day home alone too!! p.s. you can find me at adayinthesticks.blogspot.com