Friday, February 15, 2008

arctic living...

Wednesday night we had the worst storm I've ever seen!! it was so strange because the morning was so nice, the sun was out and it was actually a little warm. then right around 2pm it got cloudy and began snowing and the wind started blowing. at 4 pm when it was time for me to leave for school you seriously could not see across the street. i called my professor to tell her it was a total white-out. i was a little nervous that she wouldn't believe me because I'd called john to get the weather report downtown and he said it was snowing just a little. That's one thing about our house, it could be sunny EVERYWHERE else, and yet we're getting inches of snow! oh and also during this time the power went out. it was out for about an hour and then off and on for another hour. i never realized how much i depend on electricity. i was kind of lost without my computer(which I was working on my assignment right when the power went out), tv, stove and our phone. so to pass away the power outage, Eleanor and i made some visual aids for my nursery singing time and of course Eleanor had a huge pile of books she wanted read to.

There a few photos of John and Eleanor shoveling the snow a few days after the storm. I can honestly say, I LOVE getting all this snow!!


No comments: