Thursday, February 21, 2008

I felt it...

Early this morning I had just woken up and was laying in bed when I felt my bed rocking. I kind of thought I was imagining it so I looked up and could see that the cords from the ceiling fan were swaying as well as the blinds on windows. I called John to tell him that I thought we just had a little earthquake. We talked on the phone for a few minutes and then I looked online and sure enough there was an earthquake in Nevada. I think that brings my earthquake experiences to a grand total of three. My very first earthquake was while I was in high school in Chile. I was in class and all of a sudden everything on the walls started shaking and kids started getting under their desk. I remember being pretty freaked out. Then number two also happened in Chile, but when we were home and was pretty big. I think I remember Amy or Sara crying and my dad telling us to get under door frames. I'm really glad the earthquake in today wasn't too big and didn't cause too much damage. I guess this just gives me another arguing point with John to move out of Utah...we'll see if he buys it.
 

4 comments:

Sara Baldwin said...

seriously? wow.

and for the record, that was AMY (with the crying) :)

Kristy Martin said...

Crazy! I kinda miss that feeling....We had our fair share for sure while growing up in california. It's a pretty cool feeling even though it's completely terrifing at the same time!!

Unknown said...

You are not moving away from Julie. What would I do without you? What time did the earthquake happen?

Tiff Hunt said...

I felt it too! I even called Paul at work and told him to prepare! I freaked out just a tad!! It was creepy. that makes number two for me. The first earthquake I was in was on my mission. I was sick and didn't care if the walls came tumbling down on me! And, you are not moving away! You can me if we move but until then, YOU BETTER STAY PUT!;)