Sunday, February 24, 2008

Grandpa Hatch















Late Monday night Grandpa Hatch passed away. Its been hard seeing him so sick these past few months. He was lucky enough to have his sweet wife take care of him at home and was surrounded by family his last few days. His funeral was really sweet and tender. You could tell he was loved by so many especially his family and all his grand and great-grandkids. I had never been to a military burial before and was really touched by the service. I am so lucky I've got to know Grandpa Hatch these past few years. It's still hard to think he won't be at the next birthday party or be there when we visit Grandma next. We love you Grandpa Hatch!!

2 comments:

Cameron, Jenny and Family said...

OK, why do I see my niece in your pictures?? :) What a small world we live in. I saw my sister in law yesterday and she told me the connection. Who would've knows we'd have this and share the same birthday!! :)

Barnes said...

Sorry to hear about "grandpa Hatch" it's hard to lose a grandparent. It brought tears to my eyes again like when we put my grandpa down to rest a few months ago. It's hard to think they are gone--but it's so nice to know they are in a better place.
You're in my thoughts and prayers.
Heather