Friday, June 20, 2008

eleanor the paper doll...

Here it is, Eleanor's first paper doll. I've always loved paper dolls and the other day I had an idea to make Eleanor into a paper doll. She stands about 10 inches high and I mounted her on some illustration board with magnets and painted the back pink. I'm still in the process of making her some clothes. I tried photographing in in a few different outfits but found it IMPOSSIBLE to get her to stand in the same position, yet a lone still for 2 seconds. So, I've decided to just make different little outfits out of paper. 

I had to scan this so that's why it looks kind of bad. In person there is not that pink cast around it and the edges aren't so rough.

4 comments:

our family said...

you are so creative!!that is a fun idea for her. Your pictures on your other blog look awesome. I love your family ones!!! Were is that?

elizabeth said...

You are amazing Julie. I love the stuff you do. She is too adorable. I love her faces in your pictures lately.

Amy D. Hall Riter said...

THat is so awesome! I LOVE IT!!!

mikkilynn said...

That is the cutest idea! I was a huge paper doll lover--I swear I played with them secretly until I was like 14...shhhhhhhh.