Friday, June 27, 2008

lehi stock parade...

Last night Eleanor and I met up with the Martins to watch the stock parade. Thanks to my friend, Crystal, we had the perfect location. We were righton Main street under a huge trees. I'll be honest, the parade wasn't anything to write home about, but Eleanor thought it was the greatest! There must have been at least 100 horses and I'm sure she waved or said hello to each and everyone. I still don't quite get her fascination with horses, but it's fun to see how excited she gets EVERY time she sees a horse. It was also her first parade where she actually understood the idea of picking up the candy that was being thrown. 
Before the parade Eleanor woke up so ornery from her nap. Sometimes she does that. She wakes up and is in such bad mood. I tried for a good half hour to make her snap out of it and nothing would work. Finally I remembered I had some Popsicles and sure enough that brought her happy mood back. I made her sit out on the back patio in her di
aper to eat it, which was smart because she had it ALL over th
e place!
We are heading down to another parade and the Lehi Roundup tonight. I honestly love small town celebrations!! I remember growing up in St. Johns and I always loved the 4th of July early morning breakfast and the 24th of July celebration. Utah is defiantly the place to live. Every town has their own celebrations and they are all so nearby. 

3 comments:

mikkilynn said...

I love small towns, too. Kevin and I drove down center street and passed Broadbents and decided we would love to live here. Although, I really think parades have gone down hill...what happened to all the fun, shiny parade floats I ask you?

Nicole said...

So fun! I LOVE Eleanor's shoes:)

The Shirley Family said...

Darling pictures! I also love Eleanor's shoes!! Fun that you started your own little business, you'll have to tell me how it turned out. Also I love the paper doll you made. You are so creative.