Monday, June 2, 2008

john, flowers, eleanor and underoos...

I am so glad summer is finally here! The past few days/evenings are been beautiful! We've been spending a lot of time outside. Last Wednesday I hosted book club and the weather allowed us to have it outside on our patio. Then on Friday night we had a group of friends over for a BBQ and smores over the fire pit. Saturday John went over to the Highland Nursery and picked up some flowers for our flower pots. John has such a great talent for gardening! He put together seven pots of flowers and they are all stunning! I tried putting a few together while he was at work but they looked so bad John had to fix them. If he could, John would love to quit his job at Goldman Sachs and open a nursery. Maybe one day! 


Of course Eleanor has to be right there next to John helping with the flowers (aka pulling off pedals or digging in the dirt).



I had to include these photos of Eleanor in her first pair of underoos! I was lucky to find some with ponies on them. The first pair lasted a whole hour and before the "horse peed". I'm not quite sure why Eleanor is so obsessed with horses and peeing. 



3 comments:

Tiff Hunt said...

You have to tell me where you found panties small enough to fit her tiny bum! I can't find them for lil' miss Ady! I love Eleanor! She seriously is so fun! I think the obsession with ponies is hilarious!

Jill Wright said...

Julie,
I'm jealous of the nice weather. It's way too hot here now for us to do much outside other than swim, and I'm allergic to swimsuits for at least a year after I have a baby! Eleanor is beautiful--again, I'm jealous--I want a girl!

Barnes said...

Jules-
So cute!! I love spring and even better I love when my husband does most of planting. Lets get together soon. I'd love to catch up with you. Maybe a little play date or something.