Thursday, August 21, 2008

about eleanor...


Today I called John to tell him some funny thing Eleanor was saying and doing. After we got talking on the phone we decided we need to do better at writing down some of these things. So for the record...

Yesterday we were driving in the car and she said, "Mama, cars coming". Of course, being Eleanor, she had to repeat it about a hundred times before we got home. And first thing this morning when we got in the car and started driving she said it again.

Today I took her to pick out some new underwear (going to give this potty training a try). I let her look at all the underwear and pick out which ones she wanted. At first she choose some pink ones then as we were leaving the isle she spotted some dinosaur underwear, the same ones Ty has. Once she saw those she no longer wanted the pink ones and ONLY wanted the dinosaurs. 

We then went over to the bank and right when I pull up to the drive up window Eleanor informs me she wants a diet coke and fries. She settled for the sucker.

Oh and my favorite right now is she watching her watch the movie Annie. She LOVES it. It wasn't until this month that she would sit longer then 5 minutes to watch a movie. I can't count how many times a day she ask, "watch Annie mom's bed" (I only let her watch it once a day). She even knows most of the songs. Her favorite is "Lets go to the Movies" and she can sing a good portion.

She can also sing "I am a Child of God" and can get through most of it without any help. She LOVES her music and calls the mix I made for her on my ipod her "favorite songs". Some of those songs are "Once there was a Snowman", "All you need is Love", "Hello Hello".

A couple of weeks ago she was asking for some of my diet pepsi (which she calls diet coke) and I told her no. She then asked for "DIET MILK".

Things are ALWAYS going missing around our house due to Eleanor putting everything she can find in all her bags. She'll walk around the house and put the most random things in grocery bags, purses and her backpacks.  She will also do this right before we leave the house. She tries to grab as much junk possible and wants to take it with her in the car.  

Each night when going to bed she has to take at least 3 things with her into her crib. Last night it was a play plate, a book and an old pair of jps.

She always asks me to "hold you on couch". She likes to lay together and rub my chin/neck area. She actually does this to most people. 

She's never taken a pacifier but has always sucked on her bottom lip when she gets tired.

Every morning when she gets up she asks for "Bo" (her dog Bear) hugs him and says, "I miss you Bo".

She  calls most candy "gum" and has been put in timeout numerous times for sneaking into the draw to get gum or asking for it 20,000 times a day!




9 comments:

Nicole said...

So fun:) She seems to keep you entertained:)

elyse said...

Jules, reading this post makes me miss you guys. I think you and John are such great parents and you have an really awesome kid because of that! Can’t wait to see you in September! I love the Diet Milk she must be a Hall.

Lisa said...

I love the little things kids do and say, it reminds us of how innocent they are! I love the backward underwear. Weston's are on backwards ALL THE TIME, you think fruit of the loom would put the character on the front so the kids can see it, instead of on the back!! :)

Angie said...

Oh julie, i just love this post about eleanor. I need to do the same about my kids. She is at such a cute age and these are the things you don't ever want to forget.

Unknown said...

it makes me sad we live so far away. give eleanor a big kiss from aunt sara.

Michelle said...

Those are just way too cute! She is talking a lot in nursery too, I just love her cowboy boots.

~Merrill ~Millennial Preschool said...

What a cute little girl! I found your blog through Heather. Hope all is well. I loved your pictures! Looks like life is fun!
Love, Anna (Pember) Merrill

rkkorth said...

I love it! Aren't they funny. I need to record some things like that too. I hear ya on the hauling random things around in bags/sacks/purses. Kate is 6 and I still find bags full of random junk around the house or in the car!

Peay Family said...

The scrapes on her knees is the pictures are classic. What a cutie, good luck with the pottie training.