Monday, August 18, 2008

salem days...



Each summer we look forward to Salem days with John's Grandparents and extended family.  This year we got up at 6:00 am so we could be there in time for the 7am fireman breakfast. After breakfast we all went back to Grandma's house and hung out until the parade started. Eleanor got to play with a ton of little girls and got in a lot of Grandma Hatch time. She loves sitting on Grandma Hatch's lap and patting her neck. 

Of course the parade was a big hit with Eleanor. It's fun to see how she's caught on to the whole parade thing. The first one this year she just kind of sat and watched, but now thanks to John's coaching, she's a parade-candy-catching pro!! Speaking of John, he was so excited at this parade because a nursery was passing out plants and John got one. I love his expression in this photo!

After the parade we had to rush home for me to get up to the U for my final critique. I was really happy with my critique and even happier to finish up another semester!  I wish I could take all my classes in the summer, they are so much more relax and a lot less time! 

Then after my critique we all headed down to the Lehi park for a family reunion with Grandma Hatch's family. It was fun seeing a lot of family and getting to know a few more people. John has some really fun extended family. Last summer at the reunion I found out that the lady who watches Eleanor at the gym's daycare is John's cousin.  The funny thing is Eleanor has always LOVED Ann, and it all made sense once we found out they were related!!

We left the reunion and headed back up down to Salem/Payson area. We went to Lana's for a little bit and let Eleanor and Quinn play.  It was so much fun for the two of them. They don't get to see each other that much, but they seem to always play pretty good together when they do see each other. I'm sure they will have a ton of fun on the cruise in a few months!!

We were afraid the fireworks were going to be cancelled because of all the rain and lighting, but they weren't!!!  I really think Salem has the best firework show in Utah. And it's great because Grandma's house is right off the lake and the fireworks are directly above us. This year we had to crowd under the deck because of the rain, but it was still so much fun! Right before it started raining we were all laying on the grass and eating cupcakes. Well, leave it to Eleanor to step right on the sheet of cupcakes and slide across them all! It was quite funny!!! I wish I had a good photo of it!  

Every year I forget they do a 5k run before breakfast, next year I'll try better to remember!!

2 comments:

rkkorth said...

Yea..she's not so sure about that! What a cute girl and a happy husband!

Reed Edwards said...

I can't believe John cut his hair. It's a good thing he is still as sexy as ever. By the way, how did he get to Timp cave?