Thursday, August 7, 2008

mount timpanogos hike and cave and deer valley...

When my parents were up here we decided to hike Mount Timpanogos Cave. We had such a good time making the hike and enjoying the beautiful morning. On the way up we could hear a man singing at the very top.  When we were almost to the top we passed a very energetic man and I just asked if he was the one singing and if so would he please sing some more. John offered him a drink of his water and as the man left, he sang 'Perhaps Love' (one of my all time favorite and a must on any valentine mix). I LOVED it!! 

We all made it to the top in plenty of time for our tour of the cave. I didn't remember the tour being so long!! It was good, but I won't lie, I was starting to get a little claustaphobic! I'm not a huge fan of tight/crammed spaces!! 

Unfortunately, my dad had to go home after the hike and wasn't able to come with us to the Deer Valley Symphony. Every summer John and I look forward to going to at least one concert. This year John had to volunteer for Goldman Sachs at the concert. It actually worked out great because he was able to get in a little early and save us a good spot on the grass. I didn't really want to bring Eleanor with us, but John talked me into it and I'm glad he did. She LOVED it! She danced most of the songs and in between most songs she would say, "more songs".  These concerts are probably one of my most favorite thing about summer! The weather and scenery are always so beautiful!! 
This is the only photo we took of our little family. Right when we started taking these photos Eleanor let out a big cry and started saying her ear hurts. She kept pulling at it and saying her ear hurt all night. I was afraid she had an ear ache, but since she didn't complain the next day I'm guessing her ear was just clogged from being up in the mountains. 

Eleanor dancing to the music. She has so mad dance moves!! How young can they audition for 'If you think you can dance'??


1 comment:

Unknown said...

that last photo of eleanor looks so much like you, it's uncanny.