Tuesday, September 23, 2008

arizona...

We just got back from a great weekend in Arizona!! 

We got in late Thursday afternoon just in time for Amy's bridal shower. The shower was at Elizabeth's house and it was so much fun!! It was nice seeing so many friends and family and catching up with everyone.  Sara,Jeff and Elyse put together a great video/game of Davey answering questions about Amy. Davey came up with some pretty funny answers!! They are such a cute couple and we can't wait for the big day!! 



While all the girls were at the bridal shower, my dad got a suite at the Diamondbacks game for all the boys and kids.  John said it was a lot of fun. Eleanor had a good time seeing all her cousins. She is still talking about the "basketball" game. 



Friday night we celebrated Stacey, Dad and Eleanor's birthday. We had another carnival party complete with TONS of prizes and Halloween pjs for all the grandkids. I loved being with the entire family. It is so much fun seeing all the cousins playing together. Eleanor LOVES all her cousins. She is constantly talking about all her cousins and is always asking to go to Mimi's house. (The other day I was asking her if she was a big girl or a baby and her response was, "I'm Lydia and McKenna".)

After the party we headed over to Amanda and Theron's house to play games. The girls killed the boys in  Taboo. For those that don't know, Sara, Amy and I rock at Taboo. I can honestly say we have NEVER lost this game. We used to play this ALL the time with the missionaries in Chile. 
Saturday was Eleanor's actual birthday and I totally forgot about it! We went out to breakfast with Sara+Dick, Jeff+Elyse, Dad and Stacy and while we were waiting to be seated John reminded me that it was Eleanor's birthday. I felt kind of bad because we left her home with Amy, but I'm sure she had more fun watching Charlotte's Web with Amy and Davey.

As you can see from the photos, Eleanor sported Dora band aids all weekend. This is her new thing. She loves wearing them. Oh and she also found a little doll's dress that she called her "new dress" and she loved wearing that around everywhere as well. And, I just realized she has candy in her mouth in both photos. I think she ate nearly a pound of See's chocolates over the weekend!!

Later that afternoon we went dress shopping for Amy's wedding. We started off with Eleanor but had to send her home with John and Dad because she was being horrible! She was running all over the place and hiding in the dressing rooms. She was hiding in a dressing room and told Amy to "get out of my house". Geeze, I wonder why I HATE shopping!! 

After shopping I met up with John at Jeff's house to watch the last big of the Utah football game. When I got there I had to laugh...Dad, Theron, Ashley and Jeff were all in one room watching the BYU game and John was alone in another room watching Utah. Gotta love his dedication!!

After the game Mom and Dad took Eleanor to see Mama Mia for her birthday. My mom has been wanting to take Eleanor to see this so I've been having Eleanor listen to ABBA a lot. I started laughing when I saw my parent's walk in the door a  good 45 minutes before the show should have ended. I guess Eleanor was a little to hyper for the rest of the audience! Of course she had her popcorn, drink and candy, but that didn't keep her too occupied.  They did say she enjoyed the movie and had fun.

For dinner we had to make our traditional stop at Flancers for the BLTs. I love that place!!

Saturday night we planned on going bowling but ended up playing games. Jeff came up with a great Taboo championship and it was a blast!!! Sara and John were up against each other for the final round and Sara came out the winner! It was supper intense! 

We were all so sad to leave on Sunday!! I hate when trips go by so fast!! Thanks to everyone for having and hanging out with us!


2 comments:

Sara Baldwin said...

this was definitely one of my favorite weekends of the year. we need to have another game-competition night when you come back for amy's wedding.

Barnes said...

Can't believe that Amy is old enough to be getting married--where did the years go? I remember her coming and visiting us at Ricks--she was so young. She looks great!